Sustainability at Hotel Melanie
4**** garni-hotel with a heart for our environment
Since 2012, the privately-run Hotel Melanie has been the first port of call for all those who want to spend their environmentally friendly holidays in direct contact with nature but nevertheless close to the city centre of Salzburg. The modern furnished hotel in Salzburg Wals offers everything it needs for a relaxed stay.
In September 2017, the Hotel Melanie was awarded the Austrian eco-label – “seal of approval for environment and quality”.
What our hotel offers at a glance:
- stylishly furnished single, double, and family rooms
- abundant gourmet breakfast buffet as well as takeaway breakfast & coffee
- snack menu for a tiny between-meal treat
- hotel’s own wellness area, including a fitness room, to relax and take a break from everyday life
- ideal location: situated in a quiet and green environment, yet near the city centre of Salzburg (approx. 20 minutes by car)
- sun terrace and private beach at the nearby located Lake Ausschneider (just a five-minutes’ walk away)
In such a way the Hotel Melanie is sustainably operated
he sustainability concept runs like a common thread through the entire hotel: from its breakfast room through the wellness and spa area up to its cosy rooms.
According to the following criteria, the Hotel Melanie has been awarded the seal of approval for environment and quality:
- illumination: LED lights throughout the whole house do not only ensure pleasant light, but also reduce the total energy and power consumption.
- electricity: the 4-star-hotel exclusively obtains eco-electricity.
- air-condition: the hotel lets summer take its natural course; therefore, and for the sake of the environment, it abstains from using air-conditioning. During the warm months, our heating and cooling units are supplied with cold water and thus provide for cooling on especially hot days.
- bathroom fittings: due to water-saving fittings in all bathrooms, water consumption is being reduced many times over.
- warm water: 50 percent of hot water processing is done by using energy that is gained from the hotel’s own solar system.
- waste management: waste separation goes without saying at Hotel Melanie. In addition, our breakfast buffet goes without single portion packaging to a large extent.
“By incorporating the sustainability concept into our daily living, we are aiming at contributing to an intact environment for the benefit of future generations. Moreover, the hotel serves as a role model – not only for tourism companies, but also for hotel guests”, according to Melanie Nitzlnader, owner of the hotel.
The products – regional and homemade
In choosing the products, which are processed at Hotel Melanie, high value is placed on regionality: from the ingredients for homemade jams to syrup and baked goods. Therefore, the bread is delivered by the local bakery Jobst and the eggs are directly purchased from family Költringer’s farm in Schleedorf. Furthermore, almost 100 percent of our juices and tea varieties are of organic origin, which you can enjoy as a guest at Hotel Melanie close to the gates of Salzburg.
Since the owners of the hotel are into homemade produce, also the delicate honey that you can find at the breakfast buffet comes from their own beehives, which are to be found in their private garden. Additionally, their three bee colonies contribute to the protection of Austria’s cultural heritage as well as to its natural diversity.
Do you prefer either a vegan, gluten-free, or lactose-free diet? Just inform us before your arrival and look forward to a variety of specialties at the breakfast buffet, which will then be directly matched to your dietary needs from day one.
A heart for our staff
Forming the basic framework, employees are the highest good of each company. Therefore, workplace health promotion, which is guaranteed by the regional medical insurance company, is a common standard at Hotel Melanie. By supporting health promotion, diseases are prevented as well as health is strengthened.
We look forward to receiving your opinion!
The feedback of our guests is of great importance to the entire team of Hotel Melanie, since it contributes to making us even more successful in catering to their wishes and needs in the future!
Leave a feedback, simply and straightforward! In each of Hotel Melanie’s cozy rooms a SuitePad is to be found, which the guests can use for sharing their impressions and suggestions with us.
Assessments of Hotel Melanie…